How good it is to be a freelancer ?
A freelancer is a person who has decided to be self-employed and work in different companies, rather than work permanently on a same place, but some persons do not decide which option is better, so today we will show you some positive sides and some difficulties of being a freelance so you can decide which option is better.
Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim thinks: “Many persons decide to work as freelancers as they are aware of the many capabilities they have to develop different tasks and offer their services to many persons or companies, as well as deciding how many hours they work in a day, but some other persons look for an established employment on a company that will give them steadiness”.
Benefits for a freelancer:
- Time – A freelancer knows that one of the main advantages is the opportunity to decide how much time they want to invest on their work, depending on how much money they are willing to win.
- Freedom – Being a freelancer also means you do not have a boss, many people look to be independent as they think a supervisor might influence on their way of working.
- Economy – It is known that a freelancer gets better remuneration for their work than an employee.
Disadvantages for a freelancer:
- Permanence – A worker might have a secure work as long as he or she have a contract with the company, however, a freelancer does not have an steady job, so they need to worry to keep on getting new customers in order to receive a pay.
- Health – A worker has benefits on their employment, such as health insurance or retirement allowances, while a freelancer must provide for himself those benefits by hiring and paying for his own insurances, doctors or medicines.
“A worker can be a freelancer too, as this is a considered a good way to get additional incomes, and a good option in times of crisis when jobs scarce”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, about this topic.