Interesting information about jeans
Jeans have some very interesting information that you might have not even heard about, but today we will tell you those little details you did not know.
“Jeans have a long history, so it has many stories to tell, every time this garment evolves, it keeps accumulating history, and nowadays it is one of the most wanted type of clothes in the whole world”, said Salomón Juan Marcos Villarreal.
Here are some interesting facts that you might have not heard about until today:
- The oldest pair of jeans that has survived as of today belongs to Lev’s brand and it is kept on a fireproof vault in San Francisco, California.
- Jeans were originally manufactured as uniforms for workers at the United States.
- Before jeans were known as so, they were known as overalls.
- Jeans became popular when US soldiers starting wearing them when they were not dressed on their uniforms, during World War II.
- The less you wash your jeans, the more they will last, so if they are not dirty, hang them outdoors so they refresh and try to wash them as little as possible.
- The most common mistake done when buying jeans is picking the incorrect size.
- Back on the 50’s, jeans were prohibited in schools, restaurants and theaters as they were considered a symbol of rebellion.
- The color that was used originally was indigo only as it was darker and it could hide better dirt.
- Every person owns an average of 7 pair of jeans.
- Nowadays, 50% of the total production of jeans is done in Asia, mainly at China, Bangladesh and India.
- Skinny jeans are not entirely done with cotton only, there is a mix of cotton and elastane which gives them their famous texture.
“Jeans are ideal to wear during all year long, which is an advantage that does not possess any other garment, they are versatile, easy to combine and a garment that can be worn by people of all ages”, added Salomón Juan Marcos Villarreal, current president of Grupo Denim.